Monday, September 10, 2007

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

Fellow-patriots, new readers, loyal readers, and readers who disagree with my theme:

The handy-dandy resource which Hercules Mulligan has proudly presented to the public, The Founders' Bookshelf, has been relocated. It now has a blog of its own, to which I will add posts (from time to time, this will not be updated frequently) on some handy-dandy homework tips on the Founders' writings, as well as how to most successfully search the online editions.

I hope you like the new changes and find them beneficial. I might add, the page makes it feel more ... old-style -- which I like. It is reminiscent (to me, anyway) of that electric feeling one gets when he walks into a library, dusts off books that have been neither read, studied, or reprinted in ages, and embarks upon that little journey through our nation's hidden past. That kind of sense is one of the things that makes studying history an unstoppable obsession (I hear my family snicker). I just want my fellow-explorers, new and old, to share that same passion.

2 Comments:

Our Founding Truth said...

Herc,

That is one of the best if not the best collection I've seen. William Penn's info is there when you click on Plato.

I need to read a lot of those.

OFT

Hercules Mulligan said...

Gee, thanks for the kind words, OFT. I am really proud of the collection myself. In the early months of my study of our Founding history, I experienced mcuh frustration in never being able to access the original sources. But then I learned how to use the Internet, and the "Founders' Bookshelf" is the result. I know that many people share the passion that I have in learning about our little-known, and little-understood past, and don't know where to look. I created this collection to help students like (and) myself.

"William Penn's info is there when you click on Plato."

OOPS. Thanks a lot for letting me know. By the time you read this comment, it will probably be all fixed.

"I need to read a lot of those."

{chuckle} Yeah, me too. I don't know when I will get around to reading HALF of my own collection, but I hope to read through M.O. Warren's History of the Revolution, and J. C. Hamilton's History of the Republic -- the latter is especially fascinating. He. like David Barton, looks at our history as being a Christian history, and the writings, facts, and anecdotes are astounding. Just glimpsing into his book reminds me that it takes longer than four years of study (the length of time I have spent in this study so far) to be an expert on our Founding Era history.